3.18.2009

Some Recent "Firsts"

There truly is so much that I miss when I do my usual "long time no update my blog" scenario that I have to come up with creative ways to put a lot into one entry. As I was looking over my recent pictures, I realized that #1...I have missed many great moments for pictures and blogging. I have nothing to show for the girl version of our recent NASCAR weekend. I could have actually entered a picture for it to go with my "first" theme as it was our first year to have some "fun girl time" during the weekend. I always love spending time with some of my close girlfriends here, but it was especially great to get to spend some time with my sister-in-law, June. I have always loved our "real" talks.

My 2nd realization was that there have been many 1sts that have just passed by so quickly. So, here is a quick look into a few of our firsts:
1. Noah's 1st fracture and cast - A fall from a master bed is quite far for a little toddler and after about 4 days of questioning whether Noah was seriously hurt or not, we decided to finally take him in. Actually, if I want to be technical about the picture, that is actually not a picture of his 1st cast as he managed to pull off his 1st cast, so we had to get his 2nd one put on right away...such drama!
2. Austin's 1st teeth - He popped these 2 out at 5 months old and hasn't added anymore at this point in his 8 month life.
3. 1st Moments of Sitting Up - I couldn't wait for this moment. I love having him sit up and play!
4. 1st Brother Bathtime - They both loved it. There is the whole toy sharing issue as rubber duckies are toys that both toddlers and infants enjoy, but that's okay...it is only the beginning!
5. 1st Tradition While Daddy Is Working - So, that is such a long title, but I wanted to come up with a tradition for us while Dave goes away for a couple of days each week to make that time special for us. I came up with the perfect solution...movie night with popcorn. Dave very strongly dislikes microwave popcorn even to the point of disliking the smell that it makes in the house...so I thought this was perfect in that Dave would not feel like he was missing out on anything and we could start a fun tradition together.
6. 1st Twin PhotoShoot - My sister and her husband's babies had their 1st photoshoot and the pictures are amazing. Their website, "twobabiesandapig" has more.

And my list of "1sts" is going to continue. My sister's babies were born on February 10th and are 1 month old already! I will be leaving to meet my twin niece and nephew for the 1st time and will have to update with some of my own pictures when I return. So, off to babyland I go!

1 comment:

The Parsons' blog said...

I can't believe your little boy pulled off his first cast?!!! Strong little guy :) Your boys are so cute and i love your tradition while your husband is away. I laughed about him not liking microwave popcorn. You're a very thoughtful wife and mother, Kristy! I checked out your sisters photos of her babies - beautiful! Truly amazing pictures. What fun.