5.30.2008

Visiting Grandparents

I have been so fortunate to have had all of my grandparents still living and I always knew that the time would come when I would hear that 1 would be nearing the end of their life on this earth. With the news that my grandpa Don was given an estimate of a few weeks left to live and the news that my other grandpa Jack was not doing well either, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to go visit one last time. Well, in all honesty, the idea of traveling with an almost 2 year old by myself with a big pregnant belly almost deterred me...which is so selfish. I had to remind myself that the possibility of a few hours of my child being a nuisance to an airplane full of people with me by myself looking like a horrible parent was well worth the end result of visiting my grandparents. I truly had to keep reminding myself of this. In all seriousness, after having finished the trip, I cannot believe that I would even debate such a thing, but unfortunately that struggle with selfishness can be there and can unfortunately win many times. I am so glad that I was able to see both grandpa's again...and I was able to spend some time with the grandma's and my parents as well which I loved. Below is a slide show of my visit.

No comments: